Saturday, February 7, 2009

** 1993 interview resurrected **

I've resurrected an old NPR interview with Pete, just because......

(wish I'd taken the time to post an old Rockline (holiday encore presentation) interview back in January when it was still live, but alas it's gone now (they only keep them up for 2 weeks)...... Anyway, maybe it'll resurface again one day; it was a really good one! We'll have to keep an eye (ear) out for it to be replayed again maybe next year.

I remember this NPR interview was good too (as I recall, it was a pretty substantial one).

NOTE: you need RealPlayer to listen to it ... which I don't even have installed on my computer right now! So ... I'll leave it to the rest of you.... to ...

ENJOY.

P.S. THE NEXT POST WILL BE THE 100th POST! (who wants the honor??)

7 comments:

grace said...

I love hearing any interview with Pete!

don't look for me to be 100! anyone?.....

ROB said...

Awwww.that interview was too short. I was just getting into it and then boom...it's over. Pete's a strange guy, he seems to be always trying to put deeper meaning into everything. I really doubt at the time of the 60's when he was smashing guitars it was for anything more than shocking the audience and getting some attention. Over the course of time he has embellished history and tried to make it seem like there were these deep thoughts behind it. I still don't by it, but I am guilty of doing the same thing in life. I think we all recreate history as time goes on for whatever reason. What do you guys think?

TedMaloney said...

Thanks for the interview, Lucy!

I hope all is well with you and everyone!

T
E
D

Lucy said...

oops, so it was a short interview, Rob? Maybe I remembered wrong that it was lengthy!

(I still don't have RP loaded on my computer so I can't listen right now...)

Anyway, glad you liked it!

I think I remembered him talking about his grandmother in this one -- is that right?

Dan L. said...

Lucy:

Ah, always good to see more on the grand master of the windmill, words, and song!

Great to see your active blog,

--Dan L.

Lucy said...

Nice to see you Dan L. I miss your crazy narratives.

Come visit me sometime! (my main blog)

- Lucy.

Lucy said...

C'mon!

Doesn't someone want to be the 100th poster?

;-)